Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Jerome




I have always thought to myself that I will always be the baby in the family coz am the youngest. My sisters and brothers find it really hard to decide when will get married. Until my eldest sister finally decided to get married. I was so happy that at the age of 40 she have found her partner in life. I have to confess, it would be hard for me to be closed to her husband. Not that I hate or something personal that I dislike him. Unspokenly, I don't know, maybe he's new to the family. But thank God, they were blessed with a cute baby boy. The first baby in the family. I don't even know why he was named as Jerome by his father. Maybe with all the excitement he just picked a name from nowhere without a meaning. But it sounds good, but i prefer to name him like Juan Carlos, or Sebastian or Billy or Carlos Melito or whatever names that sounds not common. Anyway, so be it. When my sister delivered Jerome, mind you, her husband was not with her, no money to pay the hospital bills, and even the clothes for the coming Jerome. How will I like him as my brother-in-law? My mom was really nervous and so as my father, I understand they cannot go with my sister, they're old and it's 8:00 p.m. and we're travelling more than an hour from my house to the city. So I have to accompany her. That's why I love this kid not only because he is my nephew, but the hardships my sister had experienced. My gosh I can feel the excruciating pain and my sister was screaming (she's almost shouting wowowee!!!!). And Jerome came out weighing 4 lbs., and wasn't able to take some milk on his first day and I was worried. He is not that healthy I admit.

Well, days have passed by, he is now 3 years old. And started attending his class. He is a good boy compared to other children. He is easy to discipline and he is so sweet. He is not common. He can easily immitate whatever people does. So beware of your actions. LOL.


While studying, he stays with my mom, instead of his parents who's working in the city. I think Jerome really not get tired of spending his weekdays with her Lola and weekends with her parents. He's used to this kind of set up. Everyone of us wants to stay or be with him all the time. I, myself really miss being with him or spending the whole day of swimming, eating or even playing with all kinds of toys he have. I do pray that in the future I can support him on his studies and goals.


Good luck Jerome. Tito is always here. Be a good boy always.

Kisses.

Melito (",)

No comments:

Post a Comment